Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tunic

Going to sew with Susan on Monday!  Yeah!  We've been planning this for several months and have finally gotten a date and a project decided on.  We want to make a jacket, so of course, we're making something different - a tunic!  I made one last week from this pattern, and now I know the changes I want to make to it.  The pattern is easy and comes out even better than the pictures (unusual); but i used quilting cottons and I think it needs something with a little more weight; it would be interesting to try it out of a quilted material...something to try later!

Here's the pattern, it's by Indigo Junction, and I bought it up in Ridgefield CT on a trip several years ago.  The quilt shop is no longer there, which is too bad because it was really a cute little shop.  They had samples made up that were just gorgeous!
The tunics on the pattern don't do anything for me.  Here is some of the fabric combinations I'm thinking of using:

The solid teal is a linen type fabric, the others are quilting cottons.  I'd use the cottons for accent fabrics.  Tune in later this week to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment