Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 21, 2015

WOWE Quilt

I have another WOWE Quilt finish to show y'all.  When I was pressing the top, I noticed how out of wack the whole thing was.  I seemed like the outer borders were too small or something.  I ended up unstitching one of the borders, adding a small piece of similar fabric (its a quilt, right?) to lengthen it, and re-sewing it to the top.  Overall, it was still off, but better than it was.  I was hoping that the quilting wouldn't be too difficult.  Well, I guess the old adage, "It'll quilt out", really is true!  It certainly looked better after it was quilted and didn't end up too far out of square!  Amazing.  So here it is:

I quilted it with swirls, fairly tightly, and maybe that's what helped it!  Anyway, here it is thrown over a chair in my sewing room.  I put it there because I found a small stain on one of the light colored blocks and I cleaned the spot and left it over the chair to dry.  Behind it is a small fusible wall hanging of frogs on a sunflower called "Stargazers" that I made several years ago.

Even though I've been stuck at home for the week due to bad weather, I haven't gotten as much done as I should due to a toothache.  Of course it started Monday night, when all the bad weather hit.  I thought it was a sinus infection at first, but that wasn't right.  Then Tuesday I could tell it was a tooth, or even multiple teeth.  So Tuesday pm I loaded up on Penicillin and by Wednesday afternoon I had a case of hives!  I've never had hives!  I stopped taking the Pen and called the dentist on Thursday and braved the ice to get to Dickson.  Definately something wrong with 2 teeth.  New RX and go home to take benydril.  Well, the teeth are better, but the hives are definately not!!  I started on aspirin and hydrocortizone cream today.  Boy do I look bad!  It's all on the right side of my face where the bad teeth are.  Hopefully, it will be over soon.  But I really haven't felt at my creative "best", so very little has gotten done.  I'm going to load a quilt today though.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment