Total Pageviews

Friday, February 6, 2015

This one's for you, Judy V!

I finally did it - made myself a big board (with the help of himself).  Judy V will be vey happy.  My lack of a big ironing board has been a disappointment for Judy, but now she can rejoice!  I have a Big Board!  It really is kinda necessary now that I have the longarm machine; it makes it soooo much easier to iron quilt tops.  Here are the before and after pictures:
 My poor old ironing board (40 years old!) before the transformation.
The piece of plywood I found in the barn that was juuuust the right size.  Doug sanded it, rounded the corners and filled in any dips in the surface.
The fabric I chose from my stash of drapery/home dec fabric.
The finished product!  Used it today to iron a WOWE quilt - works great!

Happy Ironing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment