Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Striing Quilt Finish

Since I didn't take any pictures of me quilting this one, I thought I would at least put a pic of the finished quilt on the blog.  Here it is, my second string quilt:

Whoops!  The pic of the back is upside down!  But don't you just love that print!!  It was quilted with an all over meander, which I think works pretty well with a string quilt.  It's so busy on the front, you don't really need a lot of fancy quilting.  I made that mistake on my first string quilt - not going to do it again!  And since my "strings" are selvedge, it makes it kinda difficult to get a really nice smooth quilt pattern going.

I've got another quilt loaded - a zig zag quilt top that I made during the ice storm (I don't know why I made a new quilt, it's not like I don't have a dozen waiting to be quilted!).  Just waiting to feel better and get inspiration to quilt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment