Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Selvedge String Quilt

I had thought I would post pictures of me quilting a quilt on the Gammill.  Ha!  I get so caught up in getting it loaded properly and thinking about how I'm going to quilt it, that I've got it off the Gammill before I remember I was going to take photos!  Here is the quilt I was going to photograph:
It's a string quilt made of selvedges.  I did remember to take a pic while I was sewing the binding on!  I'm in the process of hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt and as soon as I have that done, I'll get a proper photo made.  This is the first true "quilt" of mine that I have quilted on the Gammill.  I chose this one because a) I love it!  and b) it only needed a meander pattern.  I quilted my first string quilt on my home machine and used a lot of quilting.  It did not look good.  I loved the quilt top, but after I over quilted it, not so much.  Lesson learned.  When I love a quilt top, I want to do a lot of quilting on it, but the top decides how much quilting it needs, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment