Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Well, it's a cold one!  The thermometer on the side of the house read 5 this morning.  Was a bit chilly doing chores and keeping brother moving.  He moves at a slower pace than i do and sometimes i feel like I'm an electron flying around an atom, or whatever they zip around.  But we got it done.  In an attempt to keep this blog as honest as possible and use it like a journal, I have to report that we had a dead baby goat this morning.  I'm not sure who's baby she was, but last night my other half noticed she was a little stand off-ish from the other kids.  Don't know cause of death, probably never will, just one of those things.  I don't often admit to "failures", like kids dying, just keep them to myself, try to adjust what I do so they won't happen again, and go on.  But, I've about had it with the un-pleasant side of goat keeping, like death and disease.  I'm seriously thinking of reducing the herd down to a few does and just having pet goats.  No more breeding, kids, market days, fighting with wild goats...just enough goats to enjoy and smaller feed bills.  Have to talk with the accountant.

But, on a happier note, I have another quilt done on my Gammill to show you!  It's made from fabric I got at Yards 'n Yarns in Tennessee Ridge to use in a WOWE (White Oak Women's Exchange) quilt.  I quilted it with an all over meander.  Here it is:





I think the quilting stitches were better on this one and I didn't do too bad with the meander.  Still working to keep my rhythm consistent, but I'm doing OK with that.

I guess I didn't get any good pics of the main fabric, it's a beautiful wild duck scene.  It'll be a nice "man" quilt.

bye for now!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment